Faribault Soccer Association (FSA) Coaches and Managers will agree to the following…
1. I am representing FSA, my community and my team and agree to act accordingly at all times.
2. I understand that coaching is a position of trust. Therefore, I will be a positive role model for my players and will maintain my personal integrity and dignity at all times.
3. I will demand a sports environment that is free from drugs, alcohol and tobacco and will refrain from their use at all games, exhibitions, practices and events. I will never coach a game or conduct a practice under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
4. I will never swear, use profanity or make obscene gestures, or engage in any inappropriate behavior or conduct, at any time.
5. I will always remember that my players are involved in FSA for fun and enjoyment, and I will do everything possible to keep the game fun and enjoyable. I am a youth coach and understand that the game is for the children, not the adults.
6. I will always have a positive attitude and will always praise my players for trying hard, playing fair and doing their best, regardless of the outcome of the game.
7. I will never criticize or yell at any player for making a mistake. I will not tolerate any physical or verbal abuse in youth sports.
8. I understand that winning is a consideration, but not the only one, nor the most important one. I will place the well being of every player above my personal desire to win. I will be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.
9. I understand that being a coach means being, first and foremost, a teacher. I will teach my players basic skills, techniques and strategies, and will give all my players the opportunity to improve their skills, gain confidence and develop self-esteem at practice and in games.
10. I will always display good sportsmanship and fair play, and will encourage the same from my players, colleagues, opponents, parents and spectators.
11. I will maintain an open line of communication with my players and parents.
12. I will inspect all equipment and fields on a regular basis to ensure the safety of my players.
13. I will respect the referees and game officials and their authority during every game. I will never dispute, challenge or excessively argue any decisions made by them, or confront any referee or league official at the field before, during or after the game.
14. I acknowledge that this Code of Conduct has been adopted by FSA and agree that if I fail to abide by the rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action by FSA that could include, but is not limited to the following: Warning, Probation, Removal from program
In the event a situation rises which calls for interpretation, FSA will take into account the best interest of each athlete, the entire team, the Faribault Soccer Association, and the integrity of the soccer game. FSA board decision will be final.
____________________________ _______________________________ Coach/Manager Signature (print name)