2017

Soccer Association Board Meeting Sunday January 29th 2017

Meeting called to order at 7:00
In attendance:  Mike Ross, Troy Temple, Shelly Prieve, Andrea Vogelsberg, Joe Schleis
Approval of last meeting minutes, motion by Troy, second by Shelly, approved.
Treasurers Report: 
Operating Acct. $36,606.64 as of January 29th.
                              $11,885.62 paid to the City for 1/3 of maintenance fees for 2016

New Business: 

Online registration is in progress, flyers went out to all schools except FLS.  Parks and Rec    did not get our advertisement in the Buckham Bulletin. There is a late registration fee of $25 for all registrations received after Feb. 18th.  New registration process seems to be going well, no official complaints.

Uniforms: Shelly is working on getting options.  We have sample of an Adidas uniform, it is only a 2 year cycle, so we would like to try to see if we can find a 3 year cycle uniform.  Try on day will be March 26th from 1-3 at the Elks.

Beast Mode Camp: We will share the information via email and Facebook once our registration process is complete.

Soccer Festival Update:  Approved by the MYSA

Coaches for 2017:  Several past coaches are interested in coaching again this year.

Sign:  Mike suggested we invest in a banner/sign for the fence to hang at the entrance.  We would like the Soccer Booster to go half, and will also as the Faribault Booster for a donation.

Next Meeting February 26th Washington Rec Center 7:00pm

 

Soccer Association Board Meeting Sunday April 23rd 2017

Meeting called to order at 7:00
In attendance:  Mike Ross, Troy Temple, Shelly Prieve, Andrea Vogelsberg, Jim Johnson, Andrea Bauer

Approval of last meeting minutes, motion by Troy, second by Shelly, approved 6-0.

Reports:  Financials, checking is at $54,482.  Concessions was closed out and moved into our account which resulted in an additional $4,689. 

New Business: 

Field and Ref Schedule Review:  Joe was not in attendance, but it was decided that Jim Johnson would like to assist in helping streamline the field and ref schedule.  Jim will meet with Joe and they will work on this together.

Soccer Festival: Saturday May 6th  Sixteen teams total, and registrations are still coming in.  Should turn out to be a good attendance year.  Schedules will be put together and sent out no later than Tuesday the 2nd.  Concessions will be done by Temple, a big thank you to Troy and his team for doing this.

Parent Behavior Mission Statement:  Troy and Jim will be working to put together a mission statement to address the expectations of parent behavior towards refs.  We are working hard to retain our young refs, as well as the more veteran refs, and feel addressing parent behavior is key to making a positive change.

Old Business:  We will continue to help promote the Beast Mode Camp.  New Registration platform is up and running with limited issues. 

Next Meeting June 25th, 2017 at the Soccer Complex at 7:00pm

 

Soccer Association Board Meeting Sunday June 25th 2017

Meeting called to order at 7:00

In attendance:  Mike Ross, Troy Temple, Joe Schleis, Andrea Vogelsberg, Jim Johnson, Andrea Bauer

Approval of last meeting minutes, motion by Troy, second by Joe, approved 6-0.

Reports:  Soccer Festival brought in $340 from Kona, $224 from Shirts, and $250 in Concessions.

New Business: 

Review Coaching Material:  Brendan gave a recap of how the first year has gone.  He suggested that going forward we implement training earlier, perhaps even in the winter.  He will continue to head this part of our program and work towards improving it for next year.

Litte Feet Update: Another successful year of this program.  A total of 210 kids between little and tiny feet participated. 

Reimbursement:  It was decided that a coach must attend at least ½ of the practices and games to be eligible to receive a registration reimbursement for their child’s season.  It was also discussed to pay our coaches who don’t have kids in the program a flat fee vs mileage, but didn’t come to an agreement.  Tabled for later discussion, and kept mileage reimbursement active.

Fall Soccer Teams:  Keith Kramer and Jim Johnson inquired about starting their own fall teams.  They were advised this is okay and that FSA will submit the team and players and supply refs for the 3 home games.

Increase Soccer Signage Donation:  Motion by Andrea Bauer, second Andrea Vogelsberg to increase our support of new signs to $2,000 so that we can get two signs vs just one.

Old Business:  Recap of Beast Mode Camp, and Soccer Festival Feedback 

Next Meeting August 20, 2017 at the Complex

 

August 20, 2017

Meeting called to order at 7:03PM by Mike Ross

Members present – Mike Ross, Andrea Bauer, Shelly Prieve, Jim Johnson and Brendan Cox

Discussion on coaches development and we may encourage all coaches to get a F license to help practice, game and parent management

Player development during the winter months was discussed and Brendan was going to begin work on that

Discussion around 2018 summer teams and coaches.  We may not need all coaches from 2017 at the same level in 2018

Discussion around players playing up.  Mike will draft a procedure for coaches to follow going forward

Discussion around a potential golf fundraiser.  An association member was going to be in communication with the Faribault Golf Club and report back

Next meeting will be November 5, 2017 at 7pm at Washington

Soccer Association Board Meeting Sunday November 5th, 2017

Meeting called to order at 7:00

In attendance:  Mike Ross, Troy Temple, Shelly Prieve, Andrea Vogelsberg, Jim Johnson, Andrea Bauer

Approval of last meeting minutes, motion by Troy, second by Andrea, approved 6-0.

Reports:  Profit/Loss for 2017 to date $2,529.16
                 Account Balance to date $38,993.62

New Business: 

Election of Board Members:  Approval of appointments. Motion by Troy, second by Shelly, approved 6-0.  President Mike Ross, Vice President Jim Johnson, Treasurer Doug Zahn, Recorder Andrea Vogelsberg.  Registrar Shelly Prieve, Ref Coordinator Joe Schleis, Field Coordinator Troy Temple, and Tournament Director Andrea Bauer.

Approval of Festival: Soccer Festival is set for May 5th, 2018.

Concessions:  Board is fine with summer concessions being run by the Soccer Booster.

Winter Camps:  Working with Bob at SSM to offer winter soccer camps to a variety of age groups.  There will be a registration fee of $40 for kids to attend the eight sessions offered.  Other details still being worked out.

Coach Development:  We would like Brendan to continue in this role, and will be presenting him with our expectations for the upcoming year.

Summer Registration:  Registration will open January 1st and close February 10th.

Next Meeting January 28th, 2018 7pm Washing Rec.